Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is an integral part of our mission. After all, as a central bank, supervisory authority and resolution authority, we are committed to safeguarding financial stability, thus contributing to sustainable prosperity in the Netherlands.
Our CSR strategy centres on two themes:
- Sustainable economic growth that has no harmful effects on the environment
- An inclusive financial and economic system.
This is how we address these themes:
- We identify climate and environmental risks for the financial sector and we encourage relevant parties to respond to these risks.
- We call attention to issues of sustainability such as the transition to a carbon-neutral economy.
- We invest our reserves with sustainability in mind.
- We conduct research into sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
- We promote the accessibility and stability of the payment system.
- We integrate precepts of sustainability in our operational management.
Read here how we put these key priorities into practice.
We work in partnership
DNB seeks to both facilitate and foster sustainability in the financial sector and throughout the economy. To do so, we are an active partner in various collaborative structures, such as the Sustainable Finance Platform and the Network of Central Banks and Supervisors for Greening the Financial System (NGFS). This international network aims to green the financial system and strengthen the efforts of the financial sector in achieving the Paris climate agreement goals.
We conduct major research into key trends in the area of sustainable prosperity. Some of our recent studies can be found here: