DNB Cash Centre
We plan to move our banknote facilities and gold stocks to a new Cash Centre, which will be built at Camp New Amsterdam, a Ministry of Defence site in Zeist.
The gold stocks and banknote facilities are currently housed in our office building in Amsterdam's city centre.
We have decided to relocate for various reasons:
- The presence of the banknote facilities and gold stocks demands very tight security measures, which increasingly interfere with staff and visitor accessibility.
- Frequent cash transports through the city centre are complex.
Our Cash Centre in Zeist
A new DNB Cash Centre will be built, which should be ready for use in early 2022. It will be located in Camp New Amsterdam, a Ministry of Defence site which is home to several Royal Netherlands Marechaussee (KMar) units. KMar plays a key role in securing our cash transports.
The functions of the DNB Cash Centre
The new Cash Centre will have the following functions:
- Sorting and distribution of euro banknotes Transportation of banknotes and coins to professional cash handlers
- Registration and analysis of counterfeits by the National Analysis Centre
- Research into the sustainable use of banknotes by a European test centre.
- Storage of gold, banknotes and coins.