The following diagram provides an overview of eligible assets:
Central government debt instruments
Local and regional government debt instruments
Traditional Pfandbrief-style debt instruments
Debt instruments issued by central banks
Jumbo Pfandbrief-style debt instruments
Credit institution debt instruments
Agency debt instruments
Supranational debt instruments
For these securities DNB provides its clients with a number of custody services:
- transmission of statements to make sure our clients receive the best possible information on their securities portfolios
- end-of-month custody statements
- notification of corporate actions
- processing corporate actions. Proceeds stemming from corporate actions will automatically be credited to the client’s cash account
Facilitating securities lending
DNB facilitates two types of securities lending. The euro-denominated portfolios of our clients can be made available to participate in:
- automatic securities lending by a sub-custodian
- third-party lending: appointing a third party to lend out your securities
Both forms of securities lending can increase the income generated on a securities portfolio. DNB can advise you on participation in securities-lending programmes and its return potential.
All settlement instructions regarding transactions you have agreed with your counterparties will benefit from DNB's straight-through processing (STP).
Free-of-payment (FOP) instructions and delivery-versus-payment (DVP) instructions are handled with equal expertise and speed by our multi-lingual staff. Confirmation of the settlement of transactions is provided through SWIFT.