As a member of the Eurosystem, De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) is committed to offering the complete set of harmonised reserve management services falling under this framework. This allows customers to comprehensively manage their euro-denominated reserves in a safe, confidential and reliable environment.
DNB has been offering a large number of these services for a substantial period of time. It has used its knowledge and experience to the fullest whilst developing the reserve management services in cooperation with the European Central Bank (ECB) and other Eurosystem central banks.
Characteristics of reserve management services
RMS provide non-euro central banks and international institutions with a single point of entry to the euro area. These services have the following characteristics:
- they are designed to address the specific needs and requirements of colleague central banks and international institutions
- they are offered with attractive terms and conditions
- 'zero-risk weighting' for services is performed on a principal basis
- use is made of DNB's knowledge of the market and long-standing relationships with its counterparties and sub-custodians
- SWIFT is used as the sole data-carrier for all messages, so as to achieve standardisation and the highest level of security