In our external communications, we process personal data for the following purposes:
- to send newsletters and other publications (we process the personal data of subscribers)
- to speak to the press (we process the personal data of journalist to send them copies of publications, invitations, etc.)
- to organise events such as conferences (we process the personal data of external parties registering as participants)
- to maintain the website www.dnb.nl:
- Our web server logs session data, including pages visited, the duration of the visit, browser type and operating system type. Logged session data cannot be traced back to individual persons and are used only to compile visitor statistics. We collect and use these statistics solely for the purpose of evaluating and improving our website.
- You can order copies of DNB publications through our website. To save you from having to re-enter your personal data for multiple orders during a single visit, these data are saved on your computer in what is referred to as a "session cookie". A session cookie is a small file saved on your computer's hard disk. It is automatically removed from your computer when you close your visit to our website by closing your browser.
- to maintain the website www.overopiban.nl:
- The web server of www.overopiban.nl logs session data, including pages visited, the duration of the visit, browser type and operating system type. Logged session data cannot be traced back to individual persons and are used only to compile visit statistics. These statistics are collected and used solely for the purpose of evaluating and improving the website www.overopiban.nl.
- Your personal data are required for some of the services provided on the website www.overopiban.nl. We do not use your personal data for any other purpose than that for which they are intended. We will never offer you any unsolicited information or services. We do not disclose your personal data to third parties. Dutch law provides for several exceptions to this rule. For instance, your personal data may be used for intelligence purposes if you use our website to commit a criminal offence or make false statements that are liable to punishment.
- to facilitate the InnovationHub, a joint initiative of the AFM and DNB that provides you with support on all queries you may have about supervision and regulations relating to innovative financial products and services.
- to post material on social media, including YouTube
We process your personal data to be able to contact you. We do so either because you have given us your consent (e.g. to send you newsletters, under Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR) or because we have a legitimate interest in being able to send you messages (under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR). Data subjects submit their personal data to us themselves.