DNB is a "controller" as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We handle the personal data we process with due care, in accordance with the principles of the GDPR. This includes refraining from processing more personal data than necessary and properly securing personal data. To this end, we take physical measures (e.g. storing documents in lockable cupboards), logical measures (e.g. restricting access to personal data), technical measures (e.g. encryption) and procedural measures (e.g. staff awareness programmes on careful handling of information).
This privacy statement explains why and how we process personal data.
Why does DNB process personal data?
We process personal data for various purposes:
- to protect and secure buildings and information
- to keep financial accounting records
- to issue licences and to perform our supervisory and enforcement tasks
- to settle payments
- to promote the stability of the financial system
- to monitor and intercept counterfeit banknotes
- to implement a staff policy and recruit new staff
- to facilitate our external communications
- to perform other – occasional – data processing operations
If you have any questions concerning our processing of your personal data or your rights, please consult the page "Recipients of personal data, your rights, and contact details."
About this privacy statement
This is our privacy statement. We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement at any time. This version – 2.0 – was drawn up on 7 June 2018. The most recent version is posted on our website, www.dnb.nl/privacystatement.