Ban on operating as a payment service provider without authorisation
If your enterprise does not hold an authorisation issued by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB), it is not allowed to operate as a payment service provider according to Section 2:3a of the Financial Supervision Act (Wet op het financieel toezicht – Wft), unless it falls under the scope of the Exemption Regulation.
We pursue a policy of active enforcement and perform checks on a regular basis. If you provide payment services without authorisation or exemption while you have not been excepted from the authorisation requirement, we can take a range of enforcement measures, including imposing a cease and desist order and an administrative fine.
Non-compliance with the Wft constitutes a criminal offence under the Economic Offences Act, which we may report to the public prosecutor's office.
- Ban on operating as a payment service provider without authorisation
- The public register
- Payment service providers having their registered office in another EEA country
- Laws and regulations on the market access of payment service providers
- What is an account information service?
- Payment initiation services
Read more about the cookies we use and the data they collect in our cookie notice.