Statutory framework governing market access for trust offices
This page provides an overview of the legislation governing market access for trust offices, as well as the accompanying guidance that DNB has prepared.
- Legislative framework. Overview of relevant sections of the law governing applications for trust office licence.
- Guidance on the relevant legislation:
- Guidance on the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Act and the Sanctions Act
- Good practices ‘The integrity risk analysis – more where necessary, less where possible’
- Draft Good Practices for Transaction Monitoring
(Should there be any discrepancies between the Dutch and the English version of this good practice document, the Dutch version shall prevail.)
Act on the Supervision of Trust Offices 2018
In the Netherlands the supervision of trust offices and their market access is governed by the Act on the Supervision of Trust Offices 2018 (Wtt 2018). The licence requirement for trust offices also results from the Wtt 2018. DNB is responsible for licensing and supervising trust offices.
Decree on the Supervision of Trust Offices 2018
In addition to the Wtt 2018, the Decree on the Supervision of Trust Offices 2018 sets further rules for trust offices.
Regulation on the Supervision of Trust Offices 2018
This regulation includes exemptions under the Act on the Supervision of Trust Offices 2018.
Information on applying for a licence as a trust office
Authorisation, yes or no?
Applying for authorisation
- Trust offices