The DNB-PKI complements the services provided by other central banks Certification Authorities accepted by DNB.
The main functionalities of the DNB-PKI services can be summarized as follows:
- Verify the identity of a subject previous to the issuance of a certificate
- Creation and signing of certificates (only for DNB users and systems)
- Process requests and reports related to the revocation status in order to determine the necessary actions to be taken
- Providing certificate revocation status
- Recovering of private keys associated with encryption key usage certificates (only for DNB users and systems)
- Managing and distribution of cryptographic tokens (e.g. smart cards)