You will have an impact
Do you want your work to have an impact on financial stability and on the banking sector´s ability to support sustainable growth? As a credit risk model expert at DNB you can do so by leveraging on your quantitative knowledge, (inter)personal skills and practical experience in a stimulating and professional environment, thus ensuring effective supervision in a rapidly evolving area. Your contributions will include the participation in impactful assessments of internal models as well as the gathering and effective use of expertise in advanced techniques and methodologies.
This is what you will be doing as a model expert at DNB
You will conduct inspections of credit risk models according to the advanced internal rating based approach (AIRB) at the banks premises; additionally you will deliver state of the art analyses in the areas of internal models and quantitative credit risk management; you may also be involved in occasional off-site model assessments and benchmark studies as well as the development of analytical tooling and assessment methodology; this may include the application of advanced data science techniques.
What exactly will your job involve?
Your main responsibilities as a model expert will include:
- Conducting inspections on AIRB models at different banks as a member of a team of experts.
- Drawing sharp conclusions, reporting and presenting your findings to the bank’s (senior) management.
- Performing thorough analyses, conducting benchmarking studies and developing analytical tooling and assessment methodology, either at DNB or in international working groups.
- Expanding and actively sharing your expertise within DNB and the European Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM).
This is where and how you will be working
You will be based at DNB premises in Amsterdam. You will be working at the On Site and Banking Expertise Division (OSBE), which conducts on-site inspections and provides expertise in all relevant areas of financial and non-financial risks, employs 73 professionals with various backgrounds and nationalities and consists of 6 departments. The vacancies are in the Internal Model and Credit Risk Department (15 staff).
The inspections that you will be involved in are project-based thorough assessments of specific risks, models and/or controls of the targeted banks. The project team composition may vary per inspection; inspections are to a large extent coordinated - and increasingly conducted - on a European rather than a national level.
In your role as expert you might be asked to join international working groups on specific parts of the regulation or supervisory manual with regard to AIRB model aspects.
This combination of roles and responsibilities means the job is varied and offers great potential for expanding your knowledge and experience as a quantitative risk professional in terms of both substance and skills.
This is what we need from you
At DNB you will work with experts of a high professional standard. We are looking for candidates with strong analytical skills, an independent mind and a sharp judgement. Your project skills are well developed, you are pragmatic, able to prioritize and are result- and output oriented. You communicate effectively with both experts and non-experts, are able to hold your own in discussions and to translate diverging views into deeper insights. You are a team player with proven effectiveness in multidisciplinary and international teams. If you are applying for a senior role we would expect an excellent knowledge and significant experience in all main aspects of developing and validating bank´s credit risk models, as well as a proven ability in managing multidisciplinary teams in challenging projects.
What other characteristics are we looking for?
- A Master degree in econometrics, mathematics or applied physics, quantitative economics/finance or another relevant subject field that has an extensive analytical or quantitative component.
- A PhD in these fields would be considered a strong asset.
- Experience in the financial sector, preferably at a bank, rating agency or risk consultant (at least 3 years for a medior role and 7 years for a senior role)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing and both in Dutch and English
- Willingness and ability to occasionally participate in inspections abroad (SSM member states).
This is what we offer you
A 36-hour working week right at the heart of today's financial and economic current events. You will be working for a diverse, dependable and socially committed employer that always responds to the changing requirements of our environment and will never ceases to innovate. This will offer you a wealth of opportunities to develop and gain new experiences, both in the Netherlands and abroad. You will initially be working on a one-year contract, with the prospect of an extension, provided you have performed well and our organisation has not undergone any changes that affect your job.
The other excellent terms and conditions of employment for this position are:
- A gross monthly salary between € 3.800,-- and € 7.000,--, based on a 36-hour working week. Among other things, the final salary will depend on your expertise and experience.
- A 13th monthly salary, and an 8% holiday allowance calculated on your 13-month salary.
- Your pension entitlements will accrue under a career-average scheme including provisional indexation, with a 6.1% employee contribution.
- Full reimbursement of your public transport commute.
- Plenty of opportunities for professional and personal development through education and training.
- A healthy work-life balance.
On top of all of this, you will be working right in the centre of Amsterdam, with excellent public transport connections. Depending on your position, you can also work from home part of the time, and we increasingly work according to agile methods.
Apply now! Because contributing to financial stability and sustainable prosperity... that is working at DNB
If working with an impact as a credit risk modelling expert appeals to you, then don't wait but send us your job application straight away! Please send us your motivation letter and full cv no later than 22 November 2018. Do you have any questions before you apply? Just contact Tom van Veen (manager) at +31 20 524 3158 or Martin Avans (recruiter) via +31 6 2913 9069 / firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to tell you what makes working for DNB unique.
Our assessment of candidates is a very careful process. For us as a reliable employer, this is only natural. We therefore ask that you complete an e-assessment and demonstrate your analytical skills in a writing test (case study) as part of our selection procedure. We may also invite you to an assessment centre in the final stages of our selection procedure.
This is a category 2a position, which means you are subject to a legal background check. The process also involves an online screening. You can find more information about the screening process here (information only available in Dutch).
The purpose of this vacancy is application, not acquisition.Reageer op deze vacature