Initial assessment – sample questions - trustfunds
24 February 2017 Supervision Supervision label Factsheet
Below are some examples of actual fitness assessment interview questions, categorised according to the topics that we consider in assessments.
- What is your motivation for considering this position?
- What will be your strategy for the organisation/what will your focus on?
- What are the most significant internal challenges for the organisation?
- How does the board perform self-assessments?
General and specific expertise:
- What are the key developments in trust office rules and regulations?
- To which main integrity risks is the trust office exposed?
- What is the purpose of the SIRA? What are the main findings from the SIRA?
- In your opinion, what is the key element of customer due diligence? And why?
- Did you ever refuse to accept customers, or have you terminated business relationships with customers? When did this happen and why?
The team of board members of which the candidate will be part:
- What value will you be adding to the team?
- What are the team's strong points? And its weaker points?
- By which additional competencies would the team benefit in your opinion?
- Given your specific expertise, which supervisory board members are most likely to offer countervailance?
- Can you describe a recent situation where you showed critical and decisive behaviour?
- How do you exert influence within the team? Can you give an example?
- How do you deal with conflicts of interest?
- What are your pitfalls?
- How do you, as the chair, ensure that all members deliver an active contribution to meetings? Can you give an example?
- How do you combine your different positions?
- Could you devote more time to this position, if the circumstances so require? Which position would you give up or reduce in that case?
- We found that you failed to disclose a particular piece of your professional history in the Propriety Assessment Form. Why was this?
- What happened?
- Which lessons have your learned?